Currently I’m managing a lot of sites right now. It’s become a bit of a maze right now. This is what happens when you let things get out of hand.
Content is mainly on three WordPress blogs that I run:
- depression comix – this is where depression comix is posted and maintained.
- Clay Comix – this is where I put art both old and new. Depression comix also appears here but I also add commentary to the strips, describing where they come from.
- “trust me I need this” (Clay Comix blog) – this is where I post things such as news, in progress art and introspections.
In the olden days this would have been more than sufficient. I had a similar setup way back, with the thin h line or sexy losers sites for those comics, a separate site for everything else (it was clayb.com, a domain I’ve lost over the years, then became the backend of the unfinished uwakimono site), and a blog which is hosted at livejournal (still there, get to that in a second). But the web has gotten a lot more social, and instead of hunting down content and visiting a multitude of sites the content can now come to your favorite social network hub. Because of this, my blogs are mirrored on most social hubs so you never actually have to visit the primary blogs.
- depression comix on deviantart: some comics are here but I will delete them all now that I have top quality scans. The idea was to use deviant art as a small source of income from people who wanted to buy prints of the comics. But will people do this? Are there better options?
- depression comix on dreamwidth: blog #1 is mirrored here, although the blog itself has 0 followers. This is updated automatically, but it’s on the chopping block. Do people actually use dreamwidth?
- depression comix on Facebook: blog #1 is mirrored here.
- Clay Comix on Facebook: blogs #2 and #3 are mirrored here.
- depression comix on Google+: blog #1 is mirrored here, kind of.
- Clay Comix has a page set aside for it, but Google+ is such a tempermental pain in the ass I haven’t actually started it, and currently wondering if it is worth it.
- yep, I’m still here: blogs #2 and #3 are mirrored here. This is a journal from the olden days and once I figured out how to automatically send posts here I made it active again. After years of inactivity, I was happy to see that there are people still using this.
- depression comix on twitter: feeds blog #1
- Clay Comix on twitter: feeds blogs #2 and #3, plus inane drunken ramblings and “I love you”s.
- Left-handed Mike on twitter: Chronic masturbator Mike from Sexy Losers has his own Twitter feed. As you can imagine, NOT SAFE FOR WORK. But who reads their twitter feeds in front of their boss anyways?
- depression comix on tumblr: blog #1 is mirrored here, and this is actually the place the comic started. But it can be an unfriendly place, so to give myself from mental distance from tumblr it is now just a mirror.
- Clay Comix on tumblr: blogs #2 and #3 are mirrored here.
So these are the links that are currently maintained. Most of these — Livejournal, Dreamwidth, Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook are automatically updated so maintenance is dead simple. I plan to redo the Sexy Losers site with WordPress at some point too.
So if you are reading this not on your favorite social network, please add me there, or if it’s not listed, give me a ring and I’ll see if I can make it happen. God knows I love making this mess even messier.